[l2h] newbie, problem with \url + lyx

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:35:54 +1100 (EST)

> When I try, I use lyx to convert it to .tex. Then I use latex2html, it
> makes my \url isn't convert to hyper-links. So although I add
> \url{http://www.blah.com} will not be a hyper-links. Do you have any
> solution to fix it ?

\url  works fine for me with LaTeX2HTML,

 1.  whether or not  \usepackage{url}  is requested
 2.  whether or not  \usepackage{html}  is requested

Similarly \htmlurl works as expected
(i.e. same as \url ) in the 4 cases.

Thus if \url or \htmlurl  fails for you with Lyx-generated source,
then either

 a. you have an out-of-date version of LaTeX2HTML
or
 b. your document has macros that upset the handling of \url
or
 c. Lyx adds macros that upset the handling of \url or has a different
    syntax for \htmlurl which confuses LaTeX2HTML

> Thanks for your time.

You're welcome.
Please send an example document that exhibits the bad behaviour,
or (better) send a URL where I can access the source, and perhaps
also see the result produced by LaTeX2HTML.