[l2h] newbie, problem with \url + lyx

Jean-Pierre.Chretien Jean-Pierre.Chretien" <Jean-Pierre.Chretien@cert.fr
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:43:54 +0200 (MET DST)

>>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 02:52:54 +0700 (JAVT)
>>From: Arie Zanahar <arie@nawala.com>
>>To: Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
>>cc: latex2html@tug.org
>>Subject: Re: [l2h] newbie, problem with \url + lyx
>>
>>When I try, I use lyx to convert it to .tex. Then I use latex2html, it
>>makes my \url isn't convert to hyper-links. So although I add
>>\url{http://www.blah.com} will not be a hyper-links. Do you have any
>>solution to fix it ?

Seems to be rather a Lyx question than a latex2html one, but...
here is what I understood about this problem.

Lyx produces its own encodeing for an url as:
\htmlurl[anchor]{URL}
Typographically, it prints anchor as is and URL with the url.sty
wrapping to avoid problems with long words.

So everything is there to produce a good hypertext, but the
exported latex does not know \htmladdnormallink or its typographical
version \htmladdnormallinkfoot...

So two ways to deal with it:
 - write e translator for \htmlurl to produce <A HREF="URL">anchor</A>
 - process the lyx file to create the right code using html.sty

I have here a workaround using the second approach, which puts
a lot of ERT (i.e. plain (La)TeX commands) in the original LyX file.

Hope this helps.

--
Jean-Pierre