[l2h] newbie, problem with \url + lyx

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 23:28:40 +1100 (EST)

> I'm installing latex2html-99.2beta8 in RedHat 6.2. After I export *.lyx to
> *.tex, and convert it with latex2html, I always got errors like this.
>
> No implementation found for style `url'

It isn't an error message -- it's just a warning.
Only if there is something wrong with your output, related to URLs,
should there be any need to worry about this.

> redefining command \url
>
> I checked in /usr/share/texmf/ls-R, url.sty is in
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/html and /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/misc
>
> Can someone tell me what's wrong with it ?

With LaTeX, all extensions are loaded using  \usepackage{ ..blah.. }
but with LaTeX2HTML, many LaTeX packages are implemented internally
using Perl coding;
e.g. generating hyperlinks is fundamental to HTML,
but it is just a fancy effect for LaTeX.

On the other hand, many LaTeX packages are quite irrelevant to
an HTML translation and need no implementation at all.

Thus the "no implementation" message just means that there is
no implementation for a particular  \usepackage{...} .

Whether that is of concern is something that you can determine
only by looking at your HTML output.