[l2h] Local style in <HEAD>

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:57:32 +1100 (EST)

> Hello all,
>
> 	I want to override a style using CSS for one of my HTML files, which is

Yes, indeed you can.
If you already have the stylesheet, then simply set the
 $STYLESHEET variable to a URL for it.
Do this in the .latex2html-init file.
Of course, this will apply to every page of a multi-page HTML document.

> 	generated from a corresponding TeX file. Right now I am setting the style
> 	using <STYLE> tags in the "sub meta_information" setting in
> 	.latex2html-init, but that means it ends up in *all* HTML files. I want to
> 	have be able to set it in just the one TeX file. Is there a way?

Here are two ways that I can think of to have special styles applicable on just one page:

 1.  process that page as a separate document to the rest.

or

 2.  use the  \begin[<name>]{<environment>}  syntax,
     to include  CLASS="<name>" attributes in some tags,
     for appropriate environments on that special page.
     Let your CSS stylesheet apply styles for these CLASS names.

> 	Alternatively it would also be good if I could set the STYLE globally like I
> 	am now, but use a class (f.e. TD.justtheonefile) and then being able to
> 	somehow make all the TD tags in the one result file have the
> 	class="justtheonefile" property.

Yes.
Do this in the LaTeX via:

   \begin[justtheonefile]{tabular}{.....

and in the CSS have a rule such as:

   TABLE.justtheonefile TD  { background-color:#cccccc ; color:#ff0000 ; ...... }