[l2h] latex2html is host sensitive / CR/LF problem

Claas Hilbrecht Claas Hilbrecht" <Claas.Hilbrecht@linum.com
Sun, 7 May 2000 12:49:40 +0200

I have a problem with the paragraph recognization by latex2html.

I use NT-Emacs 20.5.1 (under Windows 2000 and Windows 98) to edit a tex
file. The tex file is hosted by a novell netware 4.10 server. Till yet
I used pdflatex on a suse linux 6.4 box to produce pdf files from the
tex source without problems. The tex directory is mounted with ncpfs on
the linux box. Now I start using latex2html (I've tested version 99.1
and 99.2 beta6 1.42). The problem is that latex2html seems to be
sensitive about the host operating system it is running to recognize a
paragraph. If the tex files contains CR/LF pairs as used by dos it
produces html output without <P> tags to mark the paragraphs.  So the
web browser didn't show the paragraphs. If I recode the tex file to use
only LF the latex2html output is ok.

My question is if there is an option to "adjust" this behaviour by
latex2html ? I cannot simply convert all tex documents since sometimes
the tex file are read by editor that can't handle text files with LF
only.

Mit freundlichem Gruss
Claas Hilbrecht

Linum Software GmbH