[l2h] innovations

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:09:11 +1100 (EST)

> Hi !
>
> I just wanted to know where i can find all innovations from 99.2 (I use
> 99.1) and how to use them!

There is a whole chapter on LaTeX2HTML in the book:
 The LaTeX Web Companion  (Addison-Wesley, 1999)
2nd edition, and German translation, (Addison-Wesley, 2000)
  (these latter may not be available yet)

Most of what is discussed there is already available in 99.1
except that some of the 99.1 code is buggy.

The 2000 edition is updated to describe improvements to the handling
of character sets (e.g. iso-8859-2 and utf8) and how to handle
8-bit characters in the LaTeX source.

One topic not described there is the use of HTML frames;
however there is no formal documentation for this yet.

Look at the file   $LaTeX2HTMLDIR/versions/frame.pl
to find the names of variables that can be set to alter the
frame widths, colours, etc.