[l2h] No such luck with "ndbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "" at... "

William Sauve William Sauve <wsauve@pp1.usuhs.mil>
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 15:10:08 -0500

We thought we had worked around the error, but it turned out that it
only worked one time that way.  After that, any attempt to use the
makefile with "-long_titles <num>" in it resulted in the same error:

ndbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "" at...

Once we deleted each instance of "-long_titles <num>" from the file, the
error was extinguished, but of course, there are no long titles either.
Interestingly, this error does not occur on a similar system where
everything is the same except that the Linux distribution is Mandrake,
whereas this one is Red Hat 6.1.

I have noticed one or two references to a similar problem in the Mail
List Archive, but no solution presented.  Has anyone else had this same
problem - and possible know a fix for it?

Thanks,
Will Sauve