[l2h] perl style file needed

gabriele balducci gabriele balducci <balducci@dschsun1.univ.trieste.it>
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:11:32 +0100

Hello,

I use a tiny package which implements the command `gbpara' for
printing and incrementing a counter (`gbparacounter'). The package
contains the following:

     \newcounter{gbparacounter}
     \newlength{\gbparaindent}
     \setlength{\gbparaindent}{0.5em}
     \newcommand{\gbpara}{%
     \par{}\noindent\refstepcounter{gbparacounter}\textbf{\thegbparacounter}.\kern\gbparaindent%
     }

l2h does not recognize the gbpara command (obviously).

The workaround I've found is to hack a gbpara.perl file which
contains:

     package main;
     &process_commands_inline_in_tex (<<_RAW_ARG_CMDS_);
     gbpara
     _RAW_ARG_CMDS_
     1;	# Must be last line

This works, but needs a `-reuse 1' switch in the latex2html
command. As far as I can understand, this is because if `-reuse 2' is
operative, l2h will generate the image only upon the first occurrence
of `gbpara' and will reuse it upon all others. This is not what I
want, of course, as every occurrence of `gbpara' will print an
incrementing number. On the other hand, `-reuse 1' is clearly a waste
of time and disk space; there must be a simpler way which makes l2h
treat correctly the `gbpara' command while keeping `-reuse 2'.

I guess that this can be done at the gbpara.perl level, but,
unfortunately, I don't speek Perl nor I know the details of the
latex2html mechanism.

So here comes my question: is there any latex2html/perl expert which
can tell me the cure at a glance, without wasting too much of her/his
time?

I thank you very much in advance for any help

Ciao
Gabriele
Gabriele Balducci                  tel    I-40-6763957
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche   fax    I-40-6763903
Via L. Giorgieri 1                 e-mail balducci@univ.trieste.it
I-34127 TRIESTE