[l2h] Some hints for running latex2html (beta8)

Andre.Eickler@nokia.com Andre.Eickler@nokia.com
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:34:10 +0300

Hello there,

I have tried to get latex2html running on my Windows machine and would
like to post the changes that were necessary for me to get it running
here on the list. I am not a member of the list, but noticed that there
were some discussions similar about problems in the list archives. These
are just personal hacks, any better solutions appreciated :)

After applying the config.pl change for gs6.01, I was left with two
problems still: pstoimg hung if "-debug" was not specified, and it
produced some empty pictures otherwise.

The first problem is apparently due to the redirection of gs output
to "nul:" on Windows. To remove it, edit pstoimg.bat:
my $out_redirect = $opt{debug} ? '' : "> $NULLFILE";
my $out_redirect = '';

The second problem seems not to be Windows-related. When generating
images, the current directory before dvips is invoked points to the
target directory. This way, dvips does not find the graphics included
in the dvi-file. To fix it, change the $dvips_call variable in
make_images to
	local($dvips_call) =
		"$DVIPS -S1 -i $DVIPSOPT -o$TMPDIR$dd$IMAGE_PREFIX
$DESTDIR${dd}${PREFIX}images.dvi\n";
and a little later, the invocation of dvips to
       chdir($orig_cwd);
	    L2hos->syswait($dvips_call) && print "Error: $!\n";
	    chdir($DESTDIR);

That's it!

Cheers,
André

P.S.: This tool produces really excellent output!

 André Eickler                           Nokia GmbH
 Phone:  (+49) 211 9412 3908             Heltorfer Straße 1
 Fax:    (+49) 211 9412 3988             40472 Düsseldorf
 E-Mail: Andre.Eickler@nokia.com         Germany