[l2h] Ghostscript version tweak to config.pl

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:30:21 +1000 (EST)

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Ross Moore wrote:
>
> RM>But that isn't the full fix.
> RM>Surely it is sufficient to match the string as follows:
> RM>
> RM> if(/Ghostscript\s*(?:Version|BETA RELEASE|TESTER RELEASE|)\s*(\d+[.]?\d*)/i) {
> RM>#               match the empty string this way ---------^^
> RM>        $gs_version = $2;
> RM>#                      ^------ version number is in $2,  not $1
>
> Wrong! Note the (?: - this will suppress creation of $! for this
> brace. The version is in $1.

Yep; I know already.
Those extended regexps aren't fully in-grained for me yet,
as I grew up with Perl 4, not 5, and am a little out of practice.

How about:  (?:Version|(?:BETA|TESTER) RELEASE)?
 :-)

> Beta8 has the full fix, which will work with 6.x, too.

Excellent.

What about this new  pnmcrop  version?

 ... and making it easier to use language-customised LaTeX versions;

 e.g.  platex, hrlatex, hulatex, silatex, etc.

and even hugelatex  when some images may require it.

Cheers,

	Ross