[l2h] Error

Kuehnel Kuehnel <t.kuehnel@siep.shell.com>
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:33:47 +0200

Hi there,

I am running latex2html version latex2html-99.2beta6 on a Sun solaris
system. I try to convert a rather large latex document (~800 pages, many
sections). The conversion worked with version 97 but it failed on the
references. Now I get the references (tried it on a smaller document)
but after the aux file is read it stops with the following error:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,/()\\(LT@mcdlxxii|LT@mmdcxliv|LT@mmcdlxvi|LT@mdccclxxxv|LT@mccclxxii|LT@mmdcxlix|LT@mdclxviii|LT@mcdxlii|LT@mmdxcii|LT@miv|LT@mm/:

regexp too big at
/usr/gnu/local/bin/latex2html
line 8945.

I looked at that line but I'm not an expert in perl. Can anybody help
me? What is the regular expression that is too big here? If necessary
I could put the output of the complete run into a file and attach it to
the mail. Thanks a lot.

--
Have a nice day

Thomas

*------------------------------------------------------

   Dr. Thomas Kuehnel
   Shell International Exploration and Production B.V
   Technology Applications and Research (PSDM/VM)
   Volmerlaan 8
   2288 GD Rijswijk
   The Netherlands

   Phone: +31 (0)70 311 2635
   Email: t.kuehnel@siep.shell.com

If you have too much time, take a break here:
http://www.glg.ed.ac.uk/home/Thomas.Kuehnel