[l2h] Newbie question: glob failed

Oscar Lopez Oscar Lopez <oscar.lopez@lmm.jussieu.fr>
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:32:56 +0000

Steve Mayer wrote:

> Do you have an antivirus program running? I ask this because Norton
> AntiVirus and MacAfee cause precisely the problems you were having with
> globbing. If you do, deactivate them and try again (you may also need to
> reinstall).

I am running in a linux box, as far as I know there is no antivirus running in
linux ;-))

> There's a little more on this in previous messages at:

ok; I checked the messages, but they only points out the antivirus problem,

> What is globbing? See http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/glob.html
> where it says:
>
> "To expand special characters in a wildcarded name, or the act of so doing
> (the action is also called `globbing').
>
> Steve Mayer

The strange thing is that I downloaded the version 98.1p7, and during the
installation process the same message of glob failed appeared, but when I run
latex2html over the same latex file the output was nice and everything looks
pretty nice, except for some minor problems with the proof environment. For the
moment I guess that I'll try to start to work with this latex2html version

Oscar