[l2h] How to get GIF instead of PNG

Anthony Fok Anthony Fok <foka@ualberta.ca>
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 01:59:41 -0600

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 04:48:00PM +0200, Ronald Hartwig wrote:
> as I installed the brand new version 99.2 beta6 1.42, I saw that (for
> legal purposes) PNG instead of GIF is used. How can I get back to the
> GIF instead (in order to get transparency back)?

PNG does support transparency.  Alpha transparency too, i.e. partially
transparent.  Much better than GIF, and no patent strings attached!  :-)
Although some older browsers don't have full PNG support yet.  The latest
MSIE and Netscape Mozilla have improved PNG support.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada