[l2h] Failing to make the docs

Ronald Hartwig Ronald Hartwig <hartwig@informatik.mu-luebeck.de>
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 16:44:58 +0200

Hi,

since I started working with latex2html (96-1h) I always failed to
compile the docs from within the distribution.

Option 1:
latex manual.tex (3 times to get all the refernces right) and then type
latex2html manual.tex

-> There is always the waring Pinternals.pl (and others) not found and
the resulting document looks incomplete and is merely unusable

Option 2:
latex manual.tex (as above)
make html

-> this ends up in an endless loop but after about 10-20 iterations the
Makefile gives up. The results look incomplete again.

Yes, installing and actually working with latex2html works fine without
any warnings. What#s wrong (with me?)?

Ronald

Institut für Multimediale und Interaktive Systeme
Dipl.-Inform. Ronald Hartwig
Seelandstraße 1a; 23569 Lübeck
Tel: 0451/3909 517 (FAX: -505)  http://www.imis.mu-luebeck.de/hartwig