[l2h] pdflatex and \usepackage{html} interaction ?

Ian Thurlbeck Ian Thurlbeck <ian@stams.strath.ac.uk>
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:45:05 +0000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, you wrote:

> > Dear Converters
> >
> > We have started generating PDF docs using the "pdflatex"
> > program in the recent TeX distros.  Without \usepackage{html}
> > pdflatex produces a good PDF file.  When you use \usepackage{html}
> > then the PDF file (when viewed in Acroreader) has an empty "Bookmarks"
> > (contents page) sub-window alongside the main document window.
> > This window is confusing to our users and un-wanted. Does anyone know
> > how to suppress it?
>
> If the Bookmarks window is unwanted, then suppress it with
>
> \hypersetup{bookmarks=false}
>
> using the \hypersetup command from the hyperref package,
> which is loaded automatically from html.sty when the translation engine
> is detected to be pdfTeX rather than TeX/LaTeX.

This didn't work for me, but the via the hyperref manual I came up with

\hypersetup{pdfpagemode=None}

Many thanks

Ian

PS The hyperref manual seems vague/out of date on a few things - does anyone
know how to force acroread into "Continuous" View mode ?

--
Ian Thurlbeck                http://www.stams.strath.ac.uk/
Statistics and Modelling Science, University of Strathclyde