[l2h] Problems extending \HTMLcode generation

Klaus Hempelmann Klaus Hempelmann <klaus@ice.fb12.tu-berlin.de>
Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:01:52 -0100

Hi anybody,

I encounter a small problem. I would like to ask you for some help.

We have to port our help files, written in LaTeX and compiled to HTML
with
LaTeXHTML  to Windows. Sorry, but we really have to.

In the Windows help system, links are done with active-x controls and
look like this

<Object type="application/x-oleobject"
classid="clsid:1e2a7bd0-dab9-11d0-b93a-00
c04fc99f9e">
        <param name="Keyword" value="test">
</OBJECT>
<Object type="application/x-oleobject"
classid="clsid:1e2a7bd0-dab9-11d0-b93a-00
c04fc99f9e">
        <param name="Keyword" value="another test">
</OBJECT>

What I like to do is wite some perl code, which produces exactly this,
when
a LaTeX command like

\tetIndex{test} \tetIndex{another test}

is encountered.

For LaTeX I have defined the command \tetIndex to work like \index
For the HTML side I tried to use the command \HTMLcode

\newcommand{\tetIndex}[1]{\latex{\index{#1}}\html{\HTMLcode[TYPE="application/x-oleobject"

CLASSID="clsid:1e2a7bd0-dab9-11d0-b93a-00c04fc99f9e"]{OBJECT}{\HTMLcode[name=Keyword

value="#1"]{PARAM}}}}

I tried the command \index{test}. On the LaTeX side it works fine, but
in
HTML I am not so happy.

And this is what I currently get:
<OBJECT><PARAM NAME="Keyword" NAME="value=test'"></OBJECT>
TYPE and CLASSID are discarded for the OBJECT-tag, the value attribute
for
the PARAM tag is treated incorrectly.

I looked in the version directory of l2h in order to edit the
html-4.0.pl
but I didn't exactly understand how to perform the correct changes.

I would be very grateful for any hint how to solve this problem.

This is LaTeX2HTML Version 99.1 release (March 30, 1999) that I use

I have sent this request directly to Ross Moore before because I failed
for the mailing list due to the wrong mailing list adress. But now I
have got the correct adress I hope.

Thanks in advance

Klaus Hempelman