[l2h] How to keep the icons local?

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:10:18 +1100 (EST)

> (Sorry for my last German mail... I was confused by the preceeding mail)
>
> Hi,
>
> I know it was somwhere in the docs but I cannot find it again: How can I
> advise l2h to put the icons into the same directory as the nodes instead
> of reffering to the installation directory?

Part of the installation, which needs to be customised at each site,
is to set $ICONSERVER to the *web address* of a location where a copy of
the icons is available. You should either manually copy the icons to
this destination, else set  $ICONPATH  to this place in the local file-system.

This *must* be done to have the icons available on the web using http protocols.

If you do not do this, then the icons will only be available locally,
when you visit a page using  file:.....  or  localfile:..... protocols.

> Is there a way to make l2h copy the needed icons to that destination
> directory?

The command-line switch to do this is  -local_icons
alternatively, set  $LOCAL_ICONS = 1;