[latex2html] [l2h] How to get copy/pastable verbatim text into a figure?

Julius Smith Julius Smith <jos@w3k.org>
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:51:28 -0800

I have discovered that placing verbatim text inside a figure or table
environment causes latex2html (v99.1beta) to ship the figure off to LaTeX
for creating an external image.  The verbatim environment alone uses the
HTML <PRE> tag instead, which is what I need.  (I need to enable users to
copy/paste code listings from their browser.)

The alltt environment behaves the same way as verbatim, in addition to
losing alignment information and requiring blank lines to generate newlines.

Is there any way to get <PRE> style verbatim text into a
figure?  Alternatively, is there another environment that behaves like
figure, table, etc., but which does not insist on creating an external
image file?

Thanks for any ideas,
Julius