[latex2html] Re: [l2h] pixelimages and latex2html

Andre M. de Roos Andre M. de Roos" <aroos@bio.uva.nl
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:54:27 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I also tried to include some GIF images in my LaTeX2HTML document, but after
much experimenting I still did not succeed. My document
is segmented. I followed the recipe below, defining in a separate input file
the following command:

%begin{latexonly}

\newcommand{\popgrowthWorldPop}%
{\includegraphics[width=\maxfigwidth]{Figures/popgrowth/WorldPop.eps}}

%end{latexonly}

\begin{htmlonly}

\newcommand{\popgrowthWorldPop}%
{\htmladdimg[width=500]{Images/popgrowth/WorldPop.gif}}

\end{htmlonly}

This input file is included in my main document (in the preamble) and in each
segment file (before the \startdocument command)

At the appropriate point in my file I use the new command:

\begin{figure}[tb]
\popgrowthWorldPop
\caption{Growth of the world population}
\label{fig:worldpop}
\end{figure}

The resulting HTML code is as follows:

<P></P>
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><A NAME="fig:worldpop"></A><A NAME="720"></A>
<TABLE>
<CAPTION ALIGN="BOTTOM"><STRONG>Figure 2.1:</STRONG>
Growth of the world population</CAPTION>
<TR><TD></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</DIV><P></P>

No figure is included at all! Actually, the content of the figure environment
is written to the images file and subsequently passed through LaTeX. LaTeX2HTML
then complains that no image was generated from this figure environment and
hence reports an error.

Is this all due to the fact that my document is segmented? I use

This is LaTeX2HTML Version 99.2beta8 (1.43)
by Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds.

Thanks,
Andre