[l2h] formula in a section-title

Martin Wolf Martin Wolf" <martin@familiewolf.de
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:27:47 +0100

Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:
> > I've a formula in a section-title like:
> > \section{ force difference $F_{\mathit {Fg}}$}
> > If I run l2h I get in the image file an image like
> > $F_{\@mathit {Fg}}$%
> Try using
>    \section{ force difference $F_{\protect\mathit {Fg}}$}
>                                   ^^^^^^^^

Great! That works. Now there is a \mathit in the .toc-file

> > Meanwhile I have worked on the problem: it seems to be a latex one,
since
> > the \@mathit is the result of reading the .toc file.
> Ooh; that is a sloppiness in LaTeX.
> BTW, what version of LaTeX are you using ?
> Which release-date, and patch-level ?

I'm using MikTeX 1.20e on Win98. So there is a LaTeX2e <1999/06/01> patch
level 1 with TeX, Version 3.14159

> > And another problem: The images are produced, there is no problem. The
most
> > of them are correct. But some of the images contents the wrong formular,
> > they contain the same as another formula e.g. img50 contains the same as
> > img35 also it is compleatly different. If I delete img50 and run l2h
again,
> > the image is now correct. I had a look at the original ps-files, they
are
> > correct.
> > What do I wrong?
>
> Hmm. Can you send me an example where this happens.

I'll do with separate mail.

> I'd guess that LaTeX2HTML has a subtle assumption that the same image
> will be used as when that text is encountered in the body of the document.
> That clearly is not happenning here, so you get a link to the wrong image.

Sorry, the link to the image is ok, also the ALT text in the IMG-tag. It is
really so, that the content of img50.png and img35.png are identical. (I had
a look with CorelPhotoPaint.)

> I'll need to do some testing and devise a fix for this.

Best regards

 --
  ##         ##     Martin Wolf
 ####   #    ##     München, Germany