[l2h] LaTeX2html making funny things with defined tools

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:19:26 +1000 (EST)

> Hi!
>
> In a document that is both destined for DVI and HTML, I have the
> following commands before \begin{document}:
>
>  \setcounter{secnumdepth}{5}
>  \setcounter{tocdepth}{2}
> \renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{1.1}
>
> They get translated in the images.tex file to:
> \setcounter{secnumdepth}{5} \setcounter{tocdepth}{2}
>  75
> \renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{1.1}
>
> What is a 75 here is a different number every time.

Hmm. I've seen such numbers appear in other contexts too.
Thanks for the example. I'll use it to track down the problem.

> This causes the images to be wrong because the 75 gets its own page in
> images.dvi.
>
> Any ideas where that number originated?

LaTeX2HTML treats \renewcommand differently to TeX,
and there must be some buggy code.

The workaround is easy:

%begin{latexonly}
\renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{1.1}
%end{latexonly}

since \baselinestretch is irrelevant to HTML.