[l2h] Out of Memory / Failed to read in document parts

Marek Rouchal Marek Rouchal <marek@gmx.net>
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:02:03 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Andre Konopka wrote:

> I have got a problem ´compiling´ my TEX-File.
>
> The error message is (with verbosity=4):
> ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
> sensitive environments found: 5605
> Info: bracketings found: 15422
> Out of memory during "large" request for 2101248 bytes at /opt/latex2html/
> bin/latex2html line 5001.
>
> I think it´s not really a memory problem. It´s a HPUX BOX (model D270) with
> 500MByte RAM, 700MByte swapspace and the beast is mine, no other user...
>
> I tried the actual developer version (see the error message
> above)
> The ´official release´ produce the same error message but another
> error line number.
>
> The TEX-File doesn´t contain any figures, images or anything complicated.
> Just text, nearly 600 pages.
>
> Who can help???

Maybe your system is confgured in a way to limit the memory per process?
LaTeX2HTML can be rather hungry for memory, and your document is one of
the larger ones ;-)
You might try to split it into several chunks, concatenated with \input
statements.
We're working hard to reduce LaTeX2HTML's appetite for memory, mostly by
using Perl5-syntax (my) instead of local(). I'm not sure whether this will
help, but at least it shouldn't get worse...

Hope this helps a little,

Marek

* Marek Rouchal <marek.rouchal@gmx.net>                            *
* !!! please use only this address, set in the Reply-To header !!! *