[l2h] warning of 'make test' and problem with <htmlcommentmark>

Achim Haertel Achim Haertel <Achim.Haertel@e-technik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:53:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Ross Moore wrote:

> > [problem in texexpand]
> It works OK in practice, so maybe your Perl is being very picky.
> Try replacing it with:
>
>     $ignore_cmd_rx =
> "(\\\\latex\\W|\\\\verb|\\\\expandafter|\\\\ifx|\\\\else\\W|[\\|\\[\\@]$)";
>
> or some other variant, to get the right number of \ when the
> reg-exp is used.
>
> Tell me what works; i.e. satisfies your picky Perl.  ;-)
'(\\\\latex\\W|\\\\verb|\\\\expandafter|\\\\ifx|\\\\else\\W|[\\|\\[\\@]$)';
worked.

> > [%-sign in {equations}]
> Yes; this is an example of an effect reported already.
> I have a fix, I think; but it isn't generally available yet.
Oh, maybe that was me, i didnt get a response to that and so i thought
it might have been lost somewhere.

> Since the code snippet is not structured, I presume it is
> machine-generated.
> Can you program it to produce something that is friendlier
> to humans?  ;-)
Some tex-documents i got contain randomly %-signs at the end of lines
and the lines are trimmed unstructured to a certain length, so i also
assume that its generated by a kind of tex-editor, but i dont know
by which one.

Thank you for your help,
Achim.