[l2h] report on 99.2alpha14

Marek Rouchal Marek Rouchal <marek@gmx.net>
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:09:11 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, John A. Turner wrote:

> o love the move to a more standard config/install process - would be
>   very nice to have the (reasonably-standard) --exec-prefix option to
>   configure to allow separation of arch-dependent and arch-independent
>   pieces

Hmm, the configure/make steps create sort of architecture dependent Perl
scripts. Ok, that's almost a contradiction in itself, but anyway:
--exec-prefix is currently not supported, --prefix should be used instead.
If --bindir / --libdir is *not* specified, the executables go into
$prefix/bin and the rest to $prefix/lib/latex2html (see also the INSTALL
file). Currently I don't see any need for furter distinguishing the
installation paths. If you want special installation paths (there are only
two different), please use --bindir and --libdir. The latter e.g. could
point to /usr/local/share/latex2html, if you like this better.

-Marek

* Marek Rouchal <marek.rouchal@gmx.net>                            *
* !!! please use only this address, set in the Reply-To header !!! *