[l2h] using alternative gifs for figures

Barney Dalton Barney Dalton <barneyd@cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Fri, 21 May 1999 16:15:17 +0800 (WST)

Hi,

I have some gifs that were converted to ps for inclusion in a latex
document. I now want to convert the latex file to html, but would like to
use the original gifs in place of the (twice) converted latex2html ones. I
would still like the caption of the figure to appear as before. I tried
using the \htmladdimg inside a figure but it seems to get ignored - I
assume this is because the figure environment is passed to Latex to
process.

How can I use my original gifs and still have the captions? I imagine I
could do a {latexonly} round the entire figure and then have a {htmlonly}
copy with the gif below but this seems a bit clumsy.

thanks
barney

Barney Dalton
barney@mech.uwa.edu.au