No subject

Paul Wessel Paul Wessel <wessel@ewa.uio.no>
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:28:58 +0100

Subject: STYLESHEET ?

Hi-
        I just found out that latex2html places several
<LINK ...> tags in each node file.  My main document
is called tutorial.html, but all the node*.html files
has the following tag:

<LINK REL="STYLESHEET" HREF="tutorial.css">

However, there is no such file, tutorial.css.
When testing on my Linux in Netscape (simply Opening File)
everything works fine, but when we installed the pages
on our webserver, Netscape tries to find the .css file and fails.
More specifically, it fails when read from our Solaris or
Linux box with netscape, but works when read on a PC with
Explorer under Win??.

I guess I dont understand what the purpose of that LINK line
is and why it references a file that is not created?
Is this a browser-specific feature?  I can easily grep
out the offending lines but there should be a better way?

To see what happens, try www.soest.hawaii.edu/gmt and scroll
down to Online GMT Services, then try the Tutorial HTML format
pages.  Obviously, you should run netscape under Linux or Solaris
to see the error.

Paul Wessel