[l2h] is this a bug?

Ross MOORE Ross MOORE <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:02:18 +1000 (EST)

> Hi
>
> I am using latex2html 0.98.1 on Linux/Redhat 5.2 based system.  I have
> some fairly complicated documents to process, and some of these are
> causing problems.  I have narrowed the problem down to a small(ish)
> document, and the use of the "\include" or "\input" latex commands, is
> this a known problem?

There were some problems with \input and/or \include on some systems,
with some versions of LaTeX2HTML.

I've processed your file with v99.1 at:

	http://www-texdev.mpce.mq.edu.au/MAGUIRE/steering_doc/

I cannot detect any problem with it.
You can update LaTeX2HTML from the archives at:

	http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/

> For example, I have attached a uu-encoded tar file containing 3 latex
> source files.  The main file, steering_doc.tex, includes stuff in
> intro.tex, and also includes (though doesn't use!) an environment
> defined in html_style.tex.  Running latex2html produces a broken html
> file, the introduction is repeated, the first instance is incomplete.
>
> Actually inlining (by hand) the intro.tex file makes the problem go
> away, as does not inclduing html_style.tex.  However these
> environments are used in the larger master document, which itself is
> built up of many smaller ones.

If LaTeX2HTML doesn't need any of those definitions,
then rename the file to  html_style.sty .
Now LaTeX will read it, but LaTeX2HTML will not.

> I've spent an afternoon trying to get this to work, without success :-[
> Any ideas ???

Most likely it was a known problem that has been fixed already.
Thanks for the report.