[l2h] Hirarchical table of contents ???

Uli Wortmann Uli Wortmann <uliw@erdw.ethz.ch>
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:44:42 +0200

Hi there,

I'm currently investigating the taks of producing a html version of
a 600 sections long tex-document. Besides technical problems (memory,
file segmentation etc.), I'm worried of having a toc with 600 entrys,
which results in a large and difficult to navigate html-node.

Has anybody of you experience with such large documents? My current
(untested) solution would devide the document in several independed
sub documents, each having it's own toc, but right now I'm not sure
how to combine them into a larger composite document, which preserves
the local toc entrys (but with the right page numbers!) and allows for
a master toc which only contains the chapter entries.

	Thanks for any input

		Uli
--
	Uli Wortmann
	Dept. of Geology       Fax (Switzerland) (1) 632  1080