[l2h] Re: control over images.tex contents

J. Lippmann lippmann@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de (J. Lippmann)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 20:23:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Gabriele,

> Is it possible (*at the LaTeX source level*) to intersperse size
> changing commands (e.g. \addtolength{\textheight}{2cm}) in the
> `images.tex' file, within the `\begin{document}...\end{document}'
> portion of the file, but outside any of the
> `{\newpage\clearpage...\clearpage}' groups which delimit the images?
>
> The 99.1 manual suggests to me that the
> `\begin{imagesonly}...\end{imagesonly}' environment should do the job:
>
> "...Typically this is used to add commands to the preamble of
> images.tex, such as setting the text or background color. However code
> can be added at any other point as well"
>
> but I can't make it work in the above specified way.

You can not only put one imagesonly environment into your document
but also many of them.
The contents of each environment is added to images.tex at the point
where you placed it in your document - after your last figure and
before your next figure that will follow.
So if you place your \begin{imagesonly}\addtolength... in front of
your first figure it will have effect on all figures (=pages) in
images.tex.
Of course you can also put it into your preamble. But due to some
curiosity it will then show up twice in images.tex, thereby adding
4cm in total... Ross, any idea?

Hope this helps,
Jens.

--