[l2h] problems with -tmp option

Carsten Ranfeld Carsten Ranfeld <Carsten.Ranfeld@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:02:37 +0100 (CET)

We are using AFS and that's why the path to all homes contains a dot.
Using the -tmp option causes an error while creating pictures.
At latex2html-98.1p1-3 (a redhat-contrib package) and the following
(short) latex file we got the debug output:

math-test.tex:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
Here it starts

$\sum_{i=1}^n a_i$

end
\end{document}

debut output: (last lines)

[some stuff deleted]
temp directory is /tmp/l2h18326/ ...
pstoimg: Page dimensions are 595x842
Running /usr/bin/gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dNO_PAUSE  -sDEVICE=ppmraw -g120x83
-r180 -dTextAlphaBits=4  -sOutputFile=image001.ppm
GS>-108 -745 translate
GS>(image001.ps) run
GS>quit

Running /usr/bin/pnmcrop < image001.ppm | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -bot |
/usr/bin/pnmcrop -l  > image001.ppm.tmp
pnmcrop: cropping 21 rows off the top
pnmcrop: cropping 23 rows off the bottom
pnmcrop: cropping 13 cols off the left
pnmcrop: cropping 43 cols off the right
pnmcrop: a file read or write error occurred at some point
pnmcrop: fclose - Bad file descriptor
pnmcrop: EOF / read error reading magic number
pnmcrop: EOF / read error reading magic number
Running /usr/bin/pnmcrop -bot < image001.ppm  > image001.ppm.tmp
2>shave.msg
Image is PPM, 120x83
Running /usr/bin/ppmquant -floyd 256 < image001.ppm | /usr/bin/ppmtogif
-interlace -trans '#ffffff'  > img1.gif
ppmtogif: EOF / read error reading magic number
ppmquant: making histogram...
ppmquant: 5 colors found
ppmquant: choosing 256 colors...
ppmquant: mapping image to new colors...
ppmquant: a file read or write error occurred at some point
ppmquant: fclose - Bad file descriptor
pstoimg: Conversion failed: Nicht erlaubter Seek

Output image is in file: /tmp/l2h18326/img1.gif

 *** finished child process: #18341

Error while converting image: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

The created gif file is empty. If I try using latex2html in an other
directory (e.g. /tmp) all works fine.

Now my questions:
1. Is there an workaround/solution for the "dvips -i" problem (so that we
can work in the "dotted" homes) ?
2. Why doesn't our latex2html work with "-tmp"

bye
Carsten
--
Carsten.Ranfeld@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de