[l2h] table of contents eliminated by nonzero $BODYTEXT

Ross Moore Ross Moore <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:16:06 +1100 (EST)

> All is well until I want white backgrounds, so I create a file
> .latex2html-init containing
>
> $BODYTEXT = "bgcolor=white";
>
> Now the background is white, but the table of contents (not the list of
> links on the top page, the actual table of contents) is empty.  It's there
> as a node and the "Contents" header is there, but nothing is listed.

Curious.
You should be able to work around the bug by setting also:

$TOC_STARS = 1;

This will also include any  \section* \subsection*  etc.
in the TOC. That's something you probably want anyway.

> The code is too obtuse for me to figure out why this is occuring.  Other

A particular data-structure is being overloaded.
and a recent change in the coding didn't take this into account.
It'll be fixed for  LaTeX2HTML v2K .

Thanks for reporting the bug.

	Ross Moore