[l2h] \includecomment problem

Ross MOORE Ross MOORE <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:21:13 +1000 (EST)

> I have been trying to use the includecomment feature of html.sty to
> produce two versions from a single source, but unfortunately the
> included text is turned into an image. I can find not mention of this
> 'feature' in the manual, can anyone tell me how to get the thing
> treated as text? Here is an example file that illustrates the problem

The \includecomment command simply declares that an environment shouold
be included within the document. It says nothing about how the environment
should be translated. Thus you still need a definition for it; e.g.

\begin{htmlonly}
\newenvironment{wanted}{\begin{flushleft}}{\end{flushleft}}
\end{htmlonly}

should do what I think you want.

Does  \excludecomment  work as advertised ?
If so, then this is the simple answer to another question
asked earlier today.