graphicx, includegraphics, latex2html and EPS graphics (was: [l2h] graphicx, includegraphics, latex2html and "basename-images.tex: No such file or directory")

Marc Haber Marc.Haber-lists@gmx.de (Marc Haber)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:35:54 GMT

On Sat, 07 Aug 1999 08:10:45 GMT, you wrote:
>|latex ./DA-Firewall-images.tex:  No such file or directory
>|Cannot find logfile ./DA-Firewall-images.log at /usr/bin/latex2html line 3901.
>
>The system is right about this: neither DA-Firewall-images.tex nor
>DA-Firewall-images.log exist in that subtree.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

I was wrong in interpreting that error message. My system was in fact
complaining that latex didn't exist on that box (this is a UNIX
back-end server that I usually don't use for TeXing). I fixed this.
and now latex2html runs through fine.

However, my graphics don't show up, probably because I am using EPS
graphics. Does latex2html have an option to automatically call
ghostscript to render the eps file into displayable graphics?

Also, I found that latex2html ignores empty lines in the source and
thus doesn't create paragraphs. All text of a section is delivered
into a large block of text. Did I misconfigure that?

Thanks, Russ, for your E-Mail. I tried answering it and during the way
if writing the answer, I found my real mistake.

Greetings
Marc