[l2h] Problems found while using LaTeX2HTML

Reuben Thomas Reuben Thomas <rrt1001@cam.ac.uk>
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:10:56 +0100 (GMT)

I'm just reporting these on the off-chance that any hasn't been noticed.
I'm using LaTeX2HTML98.1 (actually now 99.1, but I can't tell if any of
the bugs have been cured from Changes file).

Since I don't read this list, comment by email would be appreciated, but I
understand if you don't want to.

1. \( and \) have to be replaced by $ for l2h to work.

2. If I have a line ending in $ it's wrapped onto the next line without a
space.

3. Square bracket characters within item labels don't work unless they're
enclosed in braces. This is odd as they work fine in LaTeX (e.g.
\item[$[S]$]whatever must be rewritten as \item[${[}S{]}$]whatever.

1 & 2 can be solved with a quick sed/Perl script, while 3 requires manual
adjustments (or more complicated programming!). Are any of these really my
problem? A certain amount of searching the docs and mailing list didn't
turn up anything, but no doubt I've missed something.

--
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/rrt1001/ | maxim, n.  wisdom for fools