[l2h] netpbm for Solaris (5.7)

Thomas Anders anders@hmi.de (Thomas Anders)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:26:54 +0200

On Apr 14, 16:02, Graham Gough wrote:
> I'm a happy l2h user on my Linux box, but am trying to install it for
> others on a Solaris machine. I'm having some problems building
> netpbm using xmkmf. Make Makefiles fails [...]

There's more than one way to do it ;) - IIRC, all you have to do is:
- unpack netpbm-1mar1994.p1.tar.gz (note the "p1"!)
- "cp Makefile.std Makefile" in every directory (use Makefile.gcc in
   libtiff/)
- edit these Makefiles to adjust install destinations (INSTALLBINARIES,
  INSTALLMANUALS{1,3,5})
- edit pbmplus.h: #define RGB_DB  "/usr/openwin/lib/rgb.txt"
                  #define SYSV
                  #define PGM_BIGGRAYS
                  ... and whatever else you need ...
- some minor bugfixes:
  - in pgm/Makefile: "pgmkernel" should belong to MATHBINARIES instead of
    PORTBINARIES
  - in pnm/Makefile: "pnmsmooth" should belong to PORTBINARIES instead of
    SCRIPTS
- make binaries && make install.bin install.man

<Disclaimer> This is all from the top of my head. Use at own risk.
</Disclaimer>

HTH,
Thomas

--