[l2h] ALT tags in equations

Steffen Klupsch Steffen Klupsch <steffen@vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Fri, 09 Apr 1999 11:57:36 +0000

Ross MOORE wrote:
> SK wrote:
> > I noticed a strange thin regarding
> > {makeimage} and \includegraphics.
> >
> > At first I used only \includegraphics in my picture environment.
> > Now I changed to
> > \begin{makeimage}
> >    \includegraphics[#4]{#3}%
> >    \htmlimage{ALT="#2"}%
> > \end{makeimage}
> > with the effect of a slightly large gif image, which has the
> > feared 'gray frames' around which result from the gray pagecolor.
>
> Why do you use the {makeimage} environment ?
>
> \begin{figure}
> \includegraphics....
> \caption{....}\label{....}
> \end{figure}
>
> should work just fine.

I used the {makeimage} environment to give the \htmlimage command a
valid environment. As far as I understood the \includegraphics command
there is no other possibility to add a ALT tag to an eps picture ?!?

> It may be due to the lesser cropping with  {makeimage} .
> I'd have to see a  -debug  screen-log to check this.

You'd like a sample source code?

Regards, Steffen

|   Steffen Klupsch                Alexanderstr. 10, D-64283 Darmstadt |
|   TU Darmstadt - FB Inf(20) - FG Integrierte Schaltungen und Systeme |
|   Email:   steffen@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de                        |
|   URL  :   http://www.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/staff/steffen/ |
|   Phone:   (+49)6151/16-6650                  Fax: (+49)6151/16-4810 |