[l2h] Re: latex2html: Comments before documentclass

Avinash Chopde Avinash Chopde <avinash@acm.org>
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 11:04:12 -0500

Ross MOORE wrote:

> > I just downloaded 98.2beta8, and am seeing some problems,
> > was wondering if anyone has any input on these:
> >
> > *********
> > Problem 1) If I have comments before a \documentclass command,
> > the images.tex file contains a extra character > in images.tex,
..
> ...but first, what version of Perl are you using ?
> Is it some variant of 5.005 ?

Yup, perl -V gives:
Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 1) configuration:

> LaTeX2HTML v99.1 is at the Bayreuth repository.
>
> http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht/

I just downloaded it, and it works - I can now include comments
before \documentclass stmt.

I also ran all my other tests, on makeimage in ITRANS docs, and
the \htmlimage{external} attribute, and it is now working without
any problems that 98beta8 had...

Thanks!

--
Avinash Chopde