[kadingira] Naming conventions in babel

Javier Bezos jbezosl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:59:31 CET 2016

Arthur,

>> Not really, and in fact British English es exactly what the CLDR list
>> provides for 'en-GB' (which would become british-english or
>> british_english or britishenglish as file name).
>
>    Something that you should consider is whether to make British English
> a variant of the English language file, or a completely separate option.

There won't be neither variants nor dialects. Just (configurable)
locales.

>    That’s probably because they have only one set of data.  In TeX the
> writing system is essential (and we already have both options anyway).

There are for the moment two: sr-Cyrl and sr-Latn. CLDR
provides a few more for sr-Cyrl, namely, BA, ME, RS, XR.
See:

http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2016-March/026593.html

The list is currently a lot larger - about 230 ini files,
which I'm currently looking at.

Javier