[Indic-dev] Latex Workshop -Pune

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Mar 12 16:47:01 CET 2003

    Rai> Today at 3:15pm +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

    >> Presentations with TeX/pdfTeX is another aspect one should not
    >> miss in a workshop spanning 6 days. Packages like Prosper,
    >> Seminar, etc shall be demonstrated along with the magic of
    >> pdfTeX in the matter of making presentations in PDF format.

    Rai> It is good idea to prepare all presentation in such a
    Rai> workshop using LaTeX.

    Rai> When I prepared slides with pPower4 and tried to give
    Rai> different transition effect from Acrobat, then I found all
    Rai> effects are very slow and jerking, makes presentation very
    Rai> poor. What is the experience of other list members.

I guess, you are using Acrobat in GNU/Linux, which is very slow and
jerky with respect to page transitions. Copy your pdf to other OS's
like Mac OSX or Win32, load Acrobat and see, it is excellent and
behaves as you expected, meaning the jerking is not due to pdfTeX at
all.

However, the page transition is a silly gimmick to impress those
audiences who are not concerned about the content. The advantage, I
see using TeX/pdfTeX is that we get the immense power of presenting
a math equation with all its typographical finesse plus the
incremental build up of an equation or matrix if you use TeXPower,
this makes the presentation more communicative.

Radhakrishnan