[Indic-dev] Updates

Alex A.J. indic-dev@tug.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:12:44 +0530

> [S. venkataraman]  I saw the document.  It is very interesting
> because, if I
> am right, it uses bold and italic versions of the font.  This is
> something
> very important if the tex has to succeed as a tool for
> typesetting in Indic
> Languages.  Hopefully,
> the documentation will explain how to create italics and bold

The italic and bold varients were provided with the font itself
(as separate pfb files). You should have the right
font definition (.fd) file describing the font family.
udn.fd is available with the devnag distribution.
It also includes type1 versions of the velthuis fonts.
(I haven't tried the devnag package yet).

The documentation will (hopefully) be ready within 2-3 weeks.
It itself is in Malayalam, but i'm thinking of writing an English
version also.

Cheers.
Alex.