[Indic-dev] Latex Workshop at Pune in June 2003

manjusha joshi indic-dev@tug.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:36:47 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, H S Rai wrote:

> >   Want  more on  latex,  for  e.g. which  good  style  files we  can
> >   introduce in the workshop?
>
> It  will depend  on requirement  of participants  and time  available.

Participants are from educational field, and want to know how to write
research paper, technical report, mathematical book etc.

> So, you may offer one lecture  on class hunting and may concentrate on
> basic classes only in your course content.

Your are right but I want to give some ready, useful things to
participants. To motivate
participants to search for their own needs, will be last part of the
workshop.
I thought, that listers from industry and others, are using some good
style
files or
classes, so I asked for that.
 >Needless to say all type of
> cross-references and  bibliography will be introduced.
Yes! That will cover in basic part of the workshop.
> If  you want to
> introduce  some package  for Hindi  or  such languages,  that will  be
> another dimension.

Yes! I am thinking to introduce Devnag, which is useful for Hindi Marathi
and Sanskrit.

with best regards,

Manjusha Joshi