[Indic-dev] Latex Workshop at Pune in June 2003

H S Rai indic-dev@tug.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:53:21 +0530 (IST)

Today at 5:17pm S.C.Phatak wrote in response to Manjusha Joshi's mail:

>   Would it  not be nicer to  conduct the course in  linux? True, the
>   participants may not be familiar  with linux but they are expected
>   to be technically competent so thay can pick up linux on the way.

I also feel,  it will be more appropriate to  use Linux. You can cover
installtion  for both  MS  windows and  Linux, and  can  have hand  on
session on  Linux. If we use  Emacs editor,  then there is  hardly any
difference which operating  system is being used as for  as working in
LaTeX is concerned.

In fact, LaTeX installtion is installtion of Linux. As LaTeX come with
all most all distribution, and installtion of Linux today is inserting
CD in PC, changing CDs on prompt and enjoying coffee.

With regards,

--
H.S.Rai