[Indic-dev] Latex Workshop at Pune in June 2003

manjusha joshi indic-dev@tug.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:12:36 +0530 (IST)

In June, 2003, we are arranging latex workshop at Pune, in
Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, http://education.vsnl.in/bp.

It will be of 6 days from 9th- 14th June, 2003.

It is mainly for people in educational field for e.g. research
 students, Professors from dept.s of universities, teachers form colleges,
etc.

Most of the users are windows user in Pune  and around so in the workshop
we will have session
on installation of latex. First 2 days we will have few basic things like
installation, problems in that, how to get mirror print, how to obtain 2
pages output on one page etc.

Days 3-4 will have graphics part, how to include graphics in tex file, how
to draw functions? geometrical fig.s and general drawing,
Prof. E. Krishnan (Tvm) will take care of this part.

Days 5-6  not yet fully decided. But may be POVRay can be done, if
Dr. Kaveh Bazaragan manage to come.
So I think it will be good idea if we, Indic-dev list can suggest topics,
new things in latex, new style files which will be helpful for these
people. And also new ideas to make this workshop successful.

total 50 participants 20 local and 30 outstations
Also Cvr is agreed to come for the workshop, he will take more sessions
in the workshop.

So, how is that if we, Indic-dev list, meet before/after workshop in
Pune?
Pune is center place in India. And just 3 and half hr.s Bus journey from
Mumbai(Bommbay).

Please feel free to ask your queries and also suggestions to the workshop.

Yours sincerely,

Manjusha Joshi