[Indic-dev] Progress of development work.

Amitabh Trehan indic-dev@tug.org
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 04:57:36 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Alex,
  that'll help remove some of the fuzziness around
this area. Let me explain a typical scenario I want it
to be useful in:
  Often somebody is publishing a book using say,
Pagemaker using some (often  postscript) font (say,
surya) and we ask them to switch to LaTeX. But the
person wants to use that particular font in these
documents. We should be able to give a method, say,
using which we can maybe make that font, input method
etc. available in say, half an hour (or maybe minutes,
if some things can be automated). That way we can do a
lot of Indian language work with existing
sensibilties.

> Of course. I'll do a small document on generating
> the
> necessary files for using available fonts  with
> LaTeX.
> I'm still experimenting a lot so allow me a few
> days.
>
> >  Maybe it can be the next chapter of the TUGIndia
> > tutorial (and first of its `native' section).

I am awaiting CVR's and the TUGIndia tutorial team's
response on this .

Amitabh

=====