[Indic-dev] Progress of development work.

Alex A.J. indic-dev@tug.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:31:22 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: Amitabh Trehan <amitabhtex@yahoo.com>

> -> A document on how to do basic work on Indianisation
> on  TeX (anybody who has done this once should do it).
> It should tell in simple steps (with example) how to
> convert and use already available fonts (ps, tty) etc

Of course. I'll do a small document on generating the
necessary files for using available fonts  with LaTeX.
I'm still experimenting a lot so allow me a few days.

> in LaTeX. I find it will make font handling much less
> intimidating for the average LaTeX user, and font
> handling is essential for Indian work and porting to
> the TeX environment. Other things can then also
> follow, like existing packages.

Font handling is relatively easy. The difficult part
is the development of the style file for the language.
Once u have the correct sty file, the users would not
have to worry about font handling.

>  Maybe it can be the next chapter of the TUGIndia
> tutorial (and first of its `native' section).

Yes that would be nice.

Regards.
Alex.