[Indic-dev] Progress of development work.

Amitabh Trehan indic-dev@tug.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:43:31 -0800 (PST)

This could be something which could be done rather
quickly:
-> A document on how to do basic work on Indianisation
on  TeX (anybody who has done this once should do it).
It should tell in simple steps (with example) how to
convert and use already available fonts (ps, tty) etc
in LaTeX. I find it will make font handling much less
intimidating for the average LaTeX user, and font
handling is essential for Indian work and porting to
the TeX environment. Other things can then also
follow, like existing packages.
 Maybe it can be the next chapter of the TUGIndia
tutorial (and first of its `native' section).

Amitabh

=====