[Indic-dev] Progress of development work.

S. venkataraman indic-dev@tug.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:33:07 +0530

Hi!
You need not start from scratch.  There are already ps fonts available.
For example, there are fonts released under GPL(announced earlier in the
list) and available
from Free Software Foundation, Indian site.  You have to write
.fd files for the fonts. You need to create .vf files and .tfm files.
There are programmes
available in the tex distribution that do the job.Tex FAQ has
information
on installing and using ps fonts.  This information is available in
`The Latex Companion'.  You can also
look at the .fd files in your distribution for examples.
Also, some gujarati fonts are available
with the ITRANS package.  It is also possible to use true type fonts.
There is a link to
a web page from miktex site which gives instructions.
Cheers
Venkataraman