[Indic-dev] Progress of development work.

Dr. Dinesh Karia indic-dev@tug.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:34:47 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "H S Rai" <hsraidce@iitr.ernet.in>
To: "IndicDev" <indic-dev@tug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 6:45 PM
Subject: [Indic-dev] Progress of development work.

HSR> What is the progress of  various development projects on which various
HSR> members are working?

<snip>
HSR> We don't get  any good requirement from  users of TeX to  add in "wish
HSR> list", so I guess  our wish list is empty at  the moment. Does it mean
HSR> every thing is  fine with TeX system and all  user are satisfied, with
HSR> no need to improve anything?

I asked the group to give me outline of how to develop the gujarati fonts.
(I mean a kind of algorithm and the required ingradients). May I repeat my
request!

In response of my query, if there is any Gujarti in the group, Yoga refered
to Udayan and I asked him. I just heard from him that he will join me.
Thanks to Yoga and Udayan. However, till today I have tried understanding
and modifying the classes/sty files and preparing a kind of presentation in
PDF apart from my mathematical paper typing. So, I do not know how to
develop the Gujarati fonts (even I do not have idea about tfm, and fd files
how are they used and created!). So, once again I request the group members
to give me the outline of the project.

I remain with anticipation,

Dinesh Karia