[ho-tex] A patch for the doi package (was: (fwd) Feedback for /author/oberdiek?lang=en)

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 10:43:38 CEST 2018

Actually looking at the DOI website the preferred form these days is
https://doi.org (so https not http, and no dx.)  Maarten and Heiko, if
you want I could add a repo in github under https://github.com/ho-tex
and fix it. Probably use something like

\def\doiurl{https://doi.org}

and use \doiurl in the body of the code, then if a user wants the
existing form they just need

\renewcommand\doiurl{http://dx.doi.org}

after loading the package.

David