[fptex] Windvi and pxfonts

Hooman hooman.javidnia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 07:16:37 CET 2006

Hi,

I am new to fpTeX. I just downloaded the TeXLive CD today and replaced
my MikTeX with TeXLive2005. I compiled some of my previous files and I
was very happy to see that they worked just fine. There were couple of
problems though:

1. In some of my documents I have used \usepackage{pxfonts}. I know
that this is a Type 1 font and Windvi should be able to create the
fonts, but I recieve a message which says "Fatal Error: Not all pixel
files were found." I have installed TeXLive in full version and I
already had Ghostscript on my computer.

2. Also I couldn't find a way to implement forward and inverse
searches in WinEdt and Windvi. Is there any way to make forward and
inverse search work on this Windvi?

I would appreciate any comments and solutions. I have been using LaTeX
for 3 years but I don't know much about the technical detail of TeX.

Cheers,

Hooman

--
Hooman Javidnia